EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – Plant-based Beyond Burger products will be added to 153 Shaw’s Supermarkets locations throughout the Northeast part of the US. Since Nov. 20, stores in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont started carrying the Beyond Burger. Shaw’s is a subsidiary of Albertsons Cos.
The addition of Shaw’s continues to extend the product’s retail distribution to more than 4,300 retailers. That number includes the nation’s two largest grocery chains Kroger and Albertsons, as well as 3,700 restaurants.
“The rapid growth in demand and distribution for the Beyond Burger speaks to a powerful shift among consumers toward plant-based protein, one we are pleased to respond to and further fuel with the taste and overall performance of The Beyond Burger,” said Ethan Brown, founder and CEO of Beyond Meat, the Los Angeles-based maker of Beyond Burger products.
According to the company, Beyond Burger is the world’s only burger that looks, cooks and tastes like ground beef from cows but is made entirely from plants — without GMOs, soy or gluten.
The Beyond Burger brand is not just moving into the Northeast, it is also expanding into various locations in Midwest. Recently, 200 Jewel-Osco grocery stores in IIIinois added the product.
Additionally, The Beyond Burger is now available at:
- HEB Central Market (9 locations throughout Texas)
- Heinen’s (22 locations throughout Ohio and Illinois)
- Hy-Vee (130 locations throughout Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin)
- Mariano’s (26 locations throughout the greater Chicago area)
- Bristol Farms (15 locations throughout Southern California)
- Raley’s (119 locations throughout Northern California and Nevada)