The Great Southern beef and lamb brand of JBS Australia has introduced a “natural” grass-fed line, branded Little Joe (after a colloquial term used in craps games), aimed at high-end restaurants in Australia and elsewhere.
The Little Joe line is restricted to those cuts scoring a “4” in marbling, as well as meeting other requirements of the brand, JBS Australia said in a news release.
“Little Joe … is the crème de la crème when it comes to Australian beef products, offering a level of marbling and eating quality that has never been seen before in grassfed beef,” said JBS Australia spokesperson Sam McConnell, in the release.
Little Joe-branded products are guaranteed to:
- have been raised on a 100 percent grass diet their entire life
- meet a high marble score, with a minimal score of 4
- be free of antibiotics, added hormones and GMOs
- be pasture-fed and raised
- have been raised by specially licensed livestock producers (that are independently, third-party accredited through the JBS Farm Assurance Program).
The brand’s targeted export markets include China, the United States, Japan, and the Halal markets in the Middle East and Malaysia,” he said.